Recently in a SharePoint project I ran into a bunch of problems with a faulty installation.  I've blogged about a few problems I've had with it, but most recently I ran into a problem where the Search box on all my sites just disappeared.  I was at a loss as to how it happened, it was there one day, and gone the next.  I narrowed it down to the fact that I had been messing with the SSP recently.  Turns out that the user I specified in the SSP to connect to the database didn't have permissions on the database itself.  I gave the user permissions on the database server and after that, the search box reappeared on all my sites.


Posted in: Sharepoint  Tags: , ,
Disclaimer
The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in anyway.

© Copyright 2017 Tony Testa's World